*Note: If you are interested in attending Capital High, please see our Admission page.
Each year in September, students in the Madison Metropolitan School District enroll in school. This time-honored process involves updating student information, paying student fees, taking a school yearbook picture and meeting classmates and teachers.
Welcome to Capital High!
Students: The first day of school is coming up, and we can’t wait to see you!
Families: Thank you for trusting us to teach your children. We welcome our partnership with you; we know that you have much to teach us.
As we kick off our third year at Capital High, we are confident that our school is firmly rooted in the core values and goals of the school district’s new Strategic Framework (Infraestructura Estrategica). Excellence, belonging, racial equity and social justice, voice, focus, and creativity are values that guide everything we do at Capital High. Additionally, our equity vision holds us accountable to changing the narrative for our students by honoring the innate goodness and qualities of excellence that all our youth possess.
With that, our Capital High team is engaged in an ambitious plan to redesign and renew learning for students who have been underserved for too long. We remain solid in our commitment to ensuring that our students are focused on their academic skills through competency teaching and learning, that they are co-creating our school community to serve their dreams and goals, and that they are exploring all of their options for life after high school, including the many career pathways offered through Madison College.
At Capital High, we regularly check in with students and families about whether the student is on track or off track to graduation. We know that students stay on track when they arrive to school on time, when they have very few absences from school, and when they are not distracted by their phones or social media. We provide support to one another in all classrooms and especially through the daily advisory with peers who encourage one another to stay on track. In addition, the student’s advisor serves as a coach and champion for engagement and success.
Our Capital High Back-to-School updates provide you with information about the start of a school, as well as our new daily schedule and our use of Yondr for cell phone use. Please be sure to check out our website, our school calendar, and our Facebook page throughout the year.
I am honored to serve as your Capital High Principal.
I look forward to meeting you at one or more of our family events scheduled for this year.
Capital High Back-to-School Updates
- Students and families can enroll online at any time.
- Students and families can also enroll at both Capital High campuses. Staff will be available to provide assistance.
First Day of School
- Our first day of school is Wednesday, September 4 9:00am - 2:00pm.
- School starts at 9:00am and ends at 2:00pm.
- Breakfast is served from 8:30am - 9:00 am.
- Lunch is served from 11:45 am - 12:15pm.
- Students will receive their course schedules at enrollment on Tuesday, September 4 or on the first day of school on Wednesday, September 5.
Cell Phone Use
- Capital High will continue implementing the Yondr system this year to provide a safe way for students and staff to store their phones while they are learning together.
- Please review this important information from our Culture and Climate Team regarding this new practice.