Interested students, families, and guardians are invited to an Open House prior to the interview. The Open House will provide an opportunity for students and families to learn more about a student’s pathway to graduation and post-secondary options.
Students who are referred and would like to pursue admission to Capital High will participate in an interview with Capital High staff. Candidates will be asked to share why Capital High is their preferred school choice, their strengths and challenges in school, and their goals and dreams for the future.
Information about the 2021-2022 Referral Process
- Referrals Open December 1
- Referrals Close January 8
- Interviews for High School week of January 11
- Outcome Notice: week of January 19
- First Day of Semester: January 25
Please note: Interviews are only by referral from a student's zone school support staff member and are assigned prior to the interview dates. No walk-in interviews are available.
- Am I eligible to attend Capital High?
- Do I have to pay to go to Capital High?
- How do I get to school?
- How many students are at Capital High?
- Do I get to choose my own classes?
- Are there clubs or after school activities available?
- Can I participate in club, sports or after school activities at my school of residence?
- What school is listed on my diploma?
- Will I be able to participate in my school of residence graduation ceremony?
- Which site am I applying to?
- Can I attend the site not corresponding to my school of residence?
- How many students will you accept?
- When can I apply to Capital High?
- How do I start the application process?
- What is an interview like?
- What is the next step after my interview?
- If I don’t get accepted, what’s the next step?
- Do you accept and support students with disabilities?
- Do you accept and support ELL students?