Skip To Main Content

Select a School

Madison Metropolitan School District

Enrollment FAQ

All MMSD students can enroll for the 2022-23 school year virtually, beginning August 3, 2022.

Can I Pay my Fees Online?

I Don’t Remember My Password

  • If you don’t remember your online Infinite Campus (IC) password, there is a link to request the password.

How Do I Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch?

  • Please complete the necessary forms online.
  • Capital High is a CEP School. You will not need to complete the free/reduced lunch application for a student attending to receive breakfast and lunch. However, we can not waive student fees without a completed Free/Reduced Lunch application.

I Want To Change An Address

  • Because the school district is based upon where you live, the MMSD needs to verify where you live. Proof is an Alliant Energy or MGE Bill, a lease or a mortgage. We can not accept any other form, such as pieces of mail or ID cards.

  • If you moved out of the MMSD district boundaries you will need to complete the Alternative Open Enrollment Forms.

We Now Live With Another Family

I Want To Change A Name

  • School records are legal documents. If you have a name change - be it because of marriage, legal name changes or because the name is wrong in our system, we still need to see proof and documentation.

What Supplies Does My Student Need?

  • We do not have a specific supply list. We will provide as many tools as necessary for a student to fully participate and engage in learning at Capital High.

My Child/I am Over 20

  • Students over the age of 20 need permission from the Board of Education to enroll in the Madison Metropolitan School District. 
  • To be considered for enrollment, please complete the MMSD Enrollment After Age 20 Form.
  • The form must be submitted to the School Principal and if approved will be forwarded to the Chief of Schools, Secondary Education before being submitted to the Board of Education. It can take up to two months for the BOE to approve a request.
  • Once the Board of Education approves then the student can be enrolled.